The Benefits of Association Membership
Strength in numbers in a competitive market
With the dominance of the Big Four, consolidators and the large international law firms, the market for professional services is highly competitive. It is not the time for the medium sized professional firm to go it alone.
An international network or association of independent professional firms provides a valuable alternative- it provides smaller firms with strength in numbers and ensures that clients involved in cross-border business have a wider selection of firms to choose from.
Grow with your clients or lose them
Global networks and associations of independent firms have put down firm roots since the 1970s, and are an important and growing influence in the professional services market place.
Strong, local, independently owned firms are able to leverage their membership to ensure they and their clients can capitalise on new opportunities and overcome challenges related to doing business across borders.
Protect your turf, and your independence
Association membership poses no threat to a firm's independence or identity. On the contrary, a desire to safeguard their independence is why most firms join an international association such as MSI. And while the exchange of business is strongly encouraged, member firms are not obligated to refer their clients to their association counterparts.
Win new business
With the backing of a strong, high profile international association, member firms are able to secure new engagements with companies that need reassurance that matters requiring professional assistance both within and outside their own borders will be handled in a professional and timely manner. MSI is proactively developing and investing in its brand in cooperation with its members to ensure a powerful marketing platform for ambitious, entrepreneurial firms that are targeting growth and larger clients.
MSI: a unique international association
An extensive membership in 105 countries and a strong multidisciplinary membership are what differentiate MSI in the professional services landscape. Members rely on MSI to build strong relationships with like-minded, similar sized professional firms in different markets. This results in an ability to offer more effective and efficient services to clients in their own market.
The benefits of membership
MSI offers independent firms:
- The ability to increase the scope of services they can offer by practice area and geography. This enhances the firm's ability to 'protect its turf' against larger competitors that may appear to offer superior resources
- The opportunity to build a higher local profile and gain more leverage in their market through access to a larger pool of professional resources worldwide. All member firms also benefit from centrally provided marketing support that includes a license to use the widely respected MSI Global Alliance brand
- A cost-effective way to achieve wider 'reach' without taking on the large overheads associated with opening offices in multiple markets. Membership offers a less problematic and more cost-effective alternative to a merger with a larger firm, and allows the firms to retain control of their its own destiny
- Opportunities for growing firm revenues through inward referrals from association members. Each member is granted its own city, state or national territory that gives the firm exclusivity in its service area
- Professional networking, benchmarking, and information sharing with firms of a similar size and profile in a non-competitive environment.
Ready to take the first step?
Find out more about the services we offer to our members or to register your interest in MSI membership, please complete the initial membership enquiry form. You will receive a response to your membership enquiry within one working day, even if your enquiry is unsuccessful.