Lawrence Meril brings many years of diversified public accounting expertise to the firm including Big 4, national and local firm experience. He is the firm's director of audit and accounting, and is the head of the RotenbergMeril SEC Public Companies Services Group. He is very involved with new business start-ups, US based subsidiaries with foreign ownership and a leader in the outsourced accounting and financial management services department of the firm.
Larry has a broad industry background that includes private equity funds, life sciences and biotech, publishing, chemical manufacturing, wholesale distribution, retail, professional services, restaurants, software development, internet technology, research and development, airlines, real estate, and broadcast and cable television and the independent film industry.
- Managed the audits of Fortune 500 companies such as Mobil Oil, McGraw-Hill, Warner Amex Cable and American Standard
- Involved in IPO's for emerging companies, reverse mergers, Form 10 going public transactions
- Accounting for PIPES,intricate financing arrangements such as convertible debt and preferred stock and related derivative components
- Research specialist in complex accounting areas with proficiency in applying U.S. GAAP and GAAS standards, SEC and PCAOB rules
- In charge of audit, tax and due diligence engagements for private equity funds
- Performed acquisition reviews of target companies in the mortgage banking, hotel, cable TV, financial services and other industries
- Expert witness in Federal District Court concerning generally accepted accounting principles
- Supervised the audits of the largest independent franchisee of fast food restaurants in the New York metropolitan area
- Advisor to entrepreneurial NYC restaurant groups
- Entertainment and media experience across broadcast tv, cable tv and independent film production
- Involved in real estate and collateralized mortgage due diligence engagements for major financial institutions
A certified public accountant, Larry is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the New Jersey, New York and Florida Societies of CPAs. He is a member of the Construction Financial Management Association, the New York Restaurant Association and the Independent Fillmaker Project and Film Independent Organization and previously a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Larry's CPA state society committee experience includes serving on the Real Estate, Construction Contractors, Hotel, Club and Restaurant, and the SEC Practice Assistance Committees
Larry holds a B.S. degree in Accounting from Syracuse University. He was recently recognized by the Syracuse University Lubin School of Accounting as one of a select group of alumni that have founded successful regional accounting firms. Prior to co-founding RotenbergMeril, Larry was a senior manager with the national real estate accounting firm of Kenneth Leventhal & Company and the international accounting firm of Arthur Young & Company (now Ernst & Young).