Based on an economic survey conducted by the Sub-Directorate of Economic Studies of DIAN, the National Government has established, through the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit, the following 3 VAT free days in 2022:
• 11 March 2022.
• 17 June 2022.
• 2 December 2022.
The following are the tax exempted goods on such dates:
- Clothing items up to COP $760,080 pesos (20 UVT).
- Home appliances, applicable to goods up to COP $3,040,320 (80 UVT).
- Sports articles up to COP $3,040,320 (80 UVT).
- Toys up to COP $380,040 (10 UVT).
- School supplies up to COP $190,020 (5 UVT).
- Agricultural-Livestock supplies up to COP $3,040,320 (80 UVT).
(Ministry of Finance and Public Credit, Decree 290 of 2022)
MSI's Colombia law member Sanclemente Fernandez Abogados SA shares further details on the government's announcement to schedule VAT free days for 2022.