MSI’s knowledgeable and committed Secretariat team provides dedicated support and coordinated resources to all members worldwide and handles the day to day management of the international association. Please contact us for assistance.
Chief Executive, MSI Global Alliance
Andrew is the Chief Executive of MSI Global Alliance and coordinates the strategy set by the Board of Directors through the team working at the Secretariat.
Director of Member Development, MSI Global Alliance
Matthew is responsible for the membership development and recruitment of MSI Global Alliance facilitating member collaboration and growth.
Director of Member Relations (Americas), MSI Global Alliance
Susan supports the development and quality of our membership in the Americas region with the aim of improved member collaboration and growth across the region.
Head of Marketing, MSI Global Alliance
Pauline is responsible for MSI's marketing activities, building strong relationships with members and enhancing the profile of MSI within the international marketplace. She also assists MSI members with referral enquiries.
Head of Member Development (APAC), MSI Global Alliance
Pauline is responsible for the member development of MSI Global Alliance in the Asia Pacific Region facilitating member collaboration and growth.
Francesca Di Mattia
Events Manager, MSI Global Alliance
Francesca is responsible for organising MSI's varied range of conferences and meetings, at the local, regional and international levels.
- +44 (0)20 7583 7000
MSI’s Board of Directors provides strategic leadership for the association and comprises six non-executive directors from our two founding firms ADKL Abels Decker Kuhfuß & Partner and haysmacintyre. MSI’s Chief Executive acts as the link between the Board and the Secretariat team.
MSI’s Area Representatives comprise the Management Board and play an important role in providing a link between members and the MSI Secretariat. They also have a role in identifying potential new member firms in their respective regions and in advising on the association’s future strategy.
Anil Bhalla has over 40 years of experience in professional services both in India and Overseas. Anil brings great experience and perspective to our team as he has been the tax advisor and counsel for many large Industrial houses.
He is on the board of a number of listed companies in India and overseas. He was a Member of the Northern India Regional Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ï¿½ICAIï¿½) in 1976-79 and its Chairman in 1978-79. He also has been a member of the Company Law study group as well the expert advisory committee of the ICAI.
Anil is part of the Board of Governors of the Institute of Internal Auditors, (Florida) and its past president of the Delhi Chapter. He graduated in Economics from Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University.
- View profile
Managing Partner, Heng Lee Seng LLP
Michael is the managing partner. He graduated from the University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Commerce degree in 1992, is a fellow member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA), CPA Australia and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants; a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (Singapore) and the Singapore Institute of Directors. He holds the designation of an Accredited Tax Advisor (ATA) of the Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals Limited.
Michael has been with the firm since 1995. In 1996, he was ranked 2nd worldwide in the Auditing component of the CPA Program by CPA Australia. Along with traditional accounting and assurance functions, he is in charge of our business advisory and internal audit departments providing internal audit, strategic planning, corporate health evaluation and reengineering services.
He is a member of ISCA’s Public Accounting Practice Committee and Investigation and Disciplinary Panel.
Michael was an independent non-executive director and chairman of the audit committee of a company listed on the Singapore Exchange between 2012 and 2020.
He is also partner in charge of business development and is responsible for prospective queries on all services of the firm.
- View profile
Managing Partner, Thomas Davis & Co
Stuart is the Managing Partner at Thomas Davis & Co. and was admitted to the Partnership in July 1992. Stuart has well over 30 years' experience in all professional accounting services.
Professional Qualifications and Registrations include:
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Chartered Tax Advisor
- Bachelor of Business Degree
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning
- Registered Company Auditor
- Registered SMSF Auditor
- Registered Tax Agent
- Authorised Representative and CEO of Thomas Davis Financial Services Pty Ltd (AFSL 244130)
Business start-up and management, business structures and self-managed superannuation funds are areas of interest to Stuart. He has in depth experience in many industries including; Wholesalers, Manufactures, Retailers, Import/Export Agents, Solicitors, Medical Practitioners, Information Technology Consultants, training Consultants, Property and Real Estate Businesses, Non-Profit Organisations and Superannuation Funds.
- View profile
Managing Partner, Lukander Ruohola HTO
Jarkko Ruohola has been the leading lawyer in many complex cross-border and domestic transactions. He has assisted listed Finnish and foreign corporations, venture capital firms and growth entrepreneurs. In addition to Finland, the parties to these transactions or target companies have been from Scandinavia, the United States, China and several European countries. The targets have included, for example, technology, biotech and clean-tech companies, different kinds of service providers and substantial real estate portfolios.
Jarkko’s regular clients include several of the largest companies in Finland. He regularly gives lectures especially on company law issues and corporate governance.
Lukander Ruohola HTO Attorneys at Law Ltd., partner, 1998―
Lindberg & Ruohola Attorneys at Law Ltd., partner, 1993―1998
Procopé & Hornborg Attorneys at Law Ltd., associate, 1991―1993
Union Bank of Finland, lawyer, 1990
Finnish, Swedish, English
- View profile
Managing Partner, Schmidt Brunet Litzler
After studying law at Université Paris X and completing the international tax law curriculum at HEC (Paris School of Management) and Université de Paris XI, Philippe Schmidt began his career with the firm Jeantet et Associé. At the same time, he served as Senior Lecturer at Université Paris II. Philippe Schmidt then decided to earn a Master of Laws (LL.M.) from Columbia University in New York. Recruited by Skadden Arps in New York, he stayed in the United States and then returned to France in 1992 to help set up the firm’s Paris office. He created his own firm in 1994.
His areas of expertise are Business Combination Law (laws governing corporations and other business combinations) and tax law, which he practices for French and international clients.
He also offers the benefits of his expertise to the defence of human rights and the fight against racism and anti-semitism through his work as President of INACH and as Vice-President of LICRA. He also specialises in Freedom of Expression.
- Columbia University, School of Law LL.M (1991)
- HEC (Paris School of Management) – Université de Paris XI, DESS (Advanced Specialised Degree) in International Tax Law (1987)
- Université de Paris X, Master’s in Business Law (1986)
- President of INACH (International Network Against CyberHate))
- Vice-President of LICRA (International League Against Racism and Anti-Semitism)
- Director-Secretary General of Réseau Entreprendre Paris
- Member of the IACF (French Institute of Tax Law Advisors), IFA (International Fiscal Association) and ABA (American Bar Association)
- View profile
Partner, Vieira Coelho Advogados
- Executive LL.M. in Corporate Law, CEU Law School, São Paulo, SP (2021)
- Postgraduate Course in Succession Planning in Family Businesses, CEU Law School, São Paulo, SP (2020)
- Postgraduate Course in Corporate Contracts, CEU Law School, São Paulo, SP (2019)
- Postgraduate Course in Arbitration and Mediation, CEU Law School, São Paulo, SP (2019)
- LL.M. in Corporate Law, Escola de Direito, Instituto Internacional de Ciências Sociais – CEU [International Institute of Social Sciences], São Paulo, SP (2016)
- Postgraduate Course in US-Corporate Law and M&A Transactions, Vanderbilt University, Instituto Internacional de Ciências Sociais – CEU [International Institute of Social Sciences], São Paulo, SP (2016)
- International Taxation Course, Associação Brasileira de Direito Financeiro – ABDF [Brazilian Association of Financial Law] (August/2015)
- Accounting Course, Fundação Getúlio Vargas [Getúlio Vargas Foundation] – FGV (2000)
- Instruction Program for Lawyers, Harvard University (2002)
- Postgraduate Course in Tax Planning, Universidade Cândido Mendes [Cândido Mendes University] – UCAM (1995)
- Postgraduate Course in Tax Law, Universidade Cândido Mendes [Cândido Mendes University] – UCAM (1992)
- Law: Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro - UERJ [Rio de Janeiro State University] (1990)
Areas of Expertise
Brazilian Association of Financial Law - ABDF
Brazilian Committee of Arbitration - CBAr
- View profile
Senior Partner, Sanclemente Fernández Abogados S.A.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Energy and Natural Resources, Corporate, M&A and Commercial Law and Public Law and Government Contracting
She is recognized for providing highly personalized service and always delivering on time. Her practice includes assisting oil companies (E&P and service companies), mining companies and multinational corporations of the pharmaceutical industry with business in Colombia, among others.
In addition, she is a member of Board of Directors in different companies including pharmaceutical, oil and automotive sectors, serve since 2018 as Vice President of Regions of AIPN (Association of International Petroleum Negotiators) and Member of the Latin American Advisory Board of Georgetown University (Law School).
She is currently ranked in Chambers and Partners Leading Lawyers for Business (The Client’s Guide), as well as in Who’s Who Legal (Energy).
Diana is held in high esteem by market commentators who credit her with deep knowledge of project, contracts and transactions across the energy sector according to Who's Who Legal 2019.
The October 2019 issue of Chambers and Partner “British Client’s Guide” featured the Firm and Diana Sanclemente aa a leader in the Energy and Natural Resources departments.
- View profile
Partner, RVA Abogados S.C.
Marcela Trujillo is head of the corporate and real estate areas of practice. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, foreign investment, real estate, corporate governance and banking law.
She joined Rubio Villegas y Asociados in 1992 and became a partner three years later. She was the Managing Partner of Rubio Villegas y Asociados from 2004 to 2008.
- Spanish native speaker
- English fluent
- View profile
Partner, Moses Singer
Alan Kolod is Chairman of Moses Singer's Management Committee, Leader of the firm's Corporate Trust & Agency practice and a partner in the Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights and the Banking & Finance practice groups.
Alan has over forty years' experience resolving complex disputes for his clients in the banking, financial services, investment advisory, market-place lending, Fin/Tech and depositary receipts industries. He advises banks, investors, investment advisors, indenture trustees, agents and depositaries on business, litigation, fiduciary duty and risk-management issues.
His practice has a particular emphasis on banking, fiduciary duty, bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency law and litigation. In insolvency cases, he represents creditors' committees, debtors, indenture trustees and agents, lessors, secured creditors, plan funders and asset purchasers. With respect to insolvency-related litigation, his practice covers defense and prosecution of fraudulent or voidable transfer, preference and lender liability claims. Alan has substantial experience in inter-creditor disputes, Chapter 15 and cross-border insolvency proceedings and the laws governing the fiduciary duties of directors of insolvent corporations.
Alan represents indenture trustees in connection with defaults, enforcement of noteholder rights, insolvency proceedings and as members of creditors' committees. He has also represented indenture trustees in inter-creditor disputes and in the prosecution and defense of litigation.
He has actively represented significant parties in such major insolvency cases as Petroplus, the Icelandic bank insolvencies, Lehman Brothers, Fairfield Sentry, Enron, Leasing Solutions, Eastern Airlines, Continental Airlines, Orion Pictures, Lomas Financial, Envirodyne, Telemundo Group, Lonestar Cement, Jamesway and McCrory Corporation.
He represented the Creditors' Committees in the bankruptcy cases of retail jewelry chains Ultra, Whitehall, Freidmans' and Crescent. He has successfully represented both plaintiffs and defendants in litigation arising from failed leveraged buyouts, including litigations brought in connection with the Greektown Casino, Healthco International and Envirodyne Industries bankruptcy cases.
Alan is a trained mediator and has been appointed to the Mediation Panels of the United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern District of New York and the District of Delaware.
- View profile
Partner, Gardiner Roberts LLP
Arlene has developed a broad range of expertise in the areas of corporate and commercial law, with a strong focus on merger and acquisition transactions, corporate governance and corporate finance. Arlene works extensively with technology based companies and assets including software, media and green technology. While Arlene maintains a mix of practice areas in commercial law, she has focused her practice on mergers and acquisitions and technology law.
Arlene has also been a key advisor to various not-for-profit and charitable boards on corporate governance matters and is recognized as a specialist in corporate governance matters having recently graduated from the Directors Education Program at Rotman School of Management and received an ICD.D. designation from the Institute of Corporate Directors.
Arlene is a seasoned business advisor with 20 years’ experience in assisting both international and local clients on their cross border and multinational business affairs both in structuring their affairs or assisting in transactions, investments, expansions, partnerships and contractual matters in Canada and world-wide and working with their multidisciplinary advisors locally and abroad.
Arlene is a frequent speaker and organizer of a broad range of corporate law programs held by Ontario Bar Association Business Law Section, Canadian Bar Association as well as other private equity events. Arlene is very involved in working with technology based and innovative businesses grow their business and provide sound legal advice to assist them to grow smart. From the drafting of letters on intent, through the negotiation of the merger or purchase and sale agreement and the conduct of due diligence investigations, to the closing of the transaction, Arlene applies her energy and experience. At all times, she is able to call upon her familiarity with her tax law and technology law background.
- Business and Corporate Commercial
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Represented the buyers in a merger and acquisition transaction involving the purchase of a large carpet and tile supply and installation partnership with combined annual revenue of approximately $100 million.
- Represented a water infrastructure business in its acquisition of a water services business to expand its European operations.
- Represented one party in structuring a joint venture arrangement in the mobile payments platform area in connection with a response to an RFP.
- Representing a client in various financing transactions, both short and long‑term in the solar power space.
- View profile
Area of Focus: Risk Management, Internal and External Audit and Business Process Redesign
Industry Specialties: Construction, Direct Selling and Distribution
- Member of the Business Advisory Division at Squire
- Experience working with organizations implementing Risk Management processes–especially when those processes relate to internal control over financial reporting
- Enjoys working with management, the audit committee and/or chief audit executive to ensure that the Internal Audit function is meeting the needs of the organization
- Facilitates Business Process Redesign to identify areas of improvement and related risks
- Member of the Audit Division
- Manages audit teams to provide assurance on financial information
- Coordinates international audit and advisory work through our association with Praxity
Education and Certifications:
- B.S., Brigham Young University
- MBA, Utah State University
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Construction Financial Management Association, associate member
- Institute of Internal Auditors, member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants, member
- View profile
Partner, Levenfeld Pearlstein LLC
Steven Weiss is a partner in Levenfeld Pearlstein’s Corporate Group and has spent the duration of his legal career with the firm.
Steven’s practice focuses on representing a wide range of clients – including closely held businesses, sophisticated private investors, family offices, financial sponsors, real estate investors, entrepreneurs, start-ups and emerging companies – in complex business transactions. He also serves as “outside general counsel” for a number of his clients.
Steven has particular experience representing national and regional insurance brokers, including retail, wholesale, and specialty brokers, program administrators, and third-party administrators, in M&A and other strategic transactions.
Because he understands how a single transaction fits into the larger organization, Steven takes a big-picture approach when advising clients on business transactions and he approaches his work with pragmatism and diligence.
Areas of concentration include:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Strategic Planning
- Joint Ventures
- Capital Raises and Private Placements
Client industries include:
- Insurance Brokerage
- Business Services
- Scrap Metal
- Multifamily Housing
- View profile
President & CEO, Corrigan Krause CPAs and Consultants
Tom Harrison is the President and CEO of Corrigan Krause. He has a leadership hand in most goings-on in the organization. Because of this, his mind rarely shuts off. That’s a good thing for everyone at CK, as they’re able to pick his brain about consulting, practice development, succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, employee benefit fields, tax planning, and more. Tom’s more than 35 years of experience in these areas make him an invaluable asset to Corrigan Krause and to his clients, for whom he is passionate about reducing stress through well-organized, executable financial plans and procedures.
Tom is a Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) that builds on his years of experience and helps to better serve Corrigan Krause business-owner clients who are planning the next chapter of their personal and professional lives.
An Ohio State alumnus and avid sports fan, Tom frequents Buckeyes football games in the fall. In the spring, however, he can be found on the baseball field of Avon High School, where he is a Varsity Coach. He’s passionate about serving as a role model for the young people he comes in contact with through high school sports as well as the younger, less experienced staff at Corrigan Krause.
Memberships and Affiliations
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- MSI – Business Succession Planning Council
- E&M Consulting-Advisory Council
- Vistage International Member
- Management for Results Member
- Assistant High School Varsity Baseball Coach
- View profile